As we move ahead in life, we first understand that being healthy is our first need and people say that health is wealth, somewhere people have felt it before, and life has been given a chance to live. A healthy body can do something better, but people play with their health in today’s time. Today’s era is professional; people here are in such a hurry to succeed that they forget everything. While we should never forget one thing, a healthy body can do something better. Many of us heard about “Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana”.
Especially the way we all spent our last years with the fear of Covid-19, health has become our priority, and still, we know that we are not spared from Covid-19 if the recent news is to be believed, then Covid-19 will knock again. In such a situation, a question arises that apart from staying healthy, we have no other option available.
No, we do not have any other option than this, but we have a chance to be sure about our health, and this is possible only with health insurance. The country of India has suffered the impact of Covid-19 and now the government is coming up with a new scheme for the people and the first name in this list is the Government of Rajasthan.
What is a Scheme?
“Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana” is a cheaper and better health insurance scheme for the public, proposed by the Government of Rajasthan. Under this, the cashless treatment facility of up to Rs 5 lakh is available to each family of Rajasthan.
Keeping in view the public’s interest about 4 months ago, the Rajasthan government had put this scheme in front of the people and every section of the people can take advantage of this scheme.
The scheme is divided into two different parts, one community that will get the benefit of this scheme free of cost and the other who will have to pay a premium of Rs.850 per year to the families to take the benefit of this scheme.
Key Features of the scheme
- Cashless treatment facility up to Rs. 500000 to each family of Rajasthan.
- The beneficiaries of the National Food Security Act and Socio-Economic Census 2011 need not get registered. The state government will bear the insurance premium.
- Small and marginal farmers, contract workers, and other beneficiaries can register themselves or register on e-Mitra. Apart from this, other families will have to pay a premium of Rs.850 per annum. The insurance premium will be borne by the state government.
- It is mandatory to have a Jan Aadhar Number or Jan Aadhar Registration Receipt to apply. Without a Jan Aadhar card, it is compulsory to get Jan Aadhar enrollment done first.
Who can benefit from it?
In today’s time, getting treatment in a good hospital has become both expensive and challenging, no poor person dares to get his treatment done in a private hospital. With the increasing number of days, the hospital and medicine have become the most expensive. Perhaps this is why despite the lousy condition of government hospitals, people prefer to go to the government hospital only despite the lousy state of government hospitals.
Under the “Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana,” the eligible families of NFSA and SECC, as well as farmers (small and marginal) of the state, on SMF, contract workers, and needy and helpless families who received Covid-19 ex-gratia last year, will get free insurance cover.
Here is the complete list:
- Contractual farmers
- NFSA (National Food Security Act) Card Holders
- SECC (Socio Economic Caste Census 2011) beneficiaries
- Marginal as well as small farmers
- Families belonging to COVID-19 ex-gratia list
- Samvida workers of all departments
- Jan Adhar Card Holder Families
For any scheme, we have to submit some documents to verify us, and it’s also proof that we belong to the benefits of this scheme.
- Address Proof (Aadhar Card, Pan Card)
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Bank details (Income certificate, Bank Account statement)
- To identify the community (BPL Certificate, Ration Card)
Benefits of the scheme
- Health insurance of Rs 5 lakh is being provided to the beneficiaries, for which they will have to pay a premium amount of Rs 850 per family on an annual basis.
- Individuals registered under this scheme can avail themselves of treatment options from private and government hospitals affiliated with the system.
- This is the first scheme of the Rajasthan state government that provides cashless treatment to the applicants from the hospitals enrolled under the plan.
- Beneficiaries will benefit from a total of 1576 medical tests and all types of treatment for various diseases and COVID and black fungus.
- This plan will cover the medical expenses of the first five days of the patient’s hospitalization and fifteen days of discharge.
How can you apply for ‘Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana’?
- To register yourself online under the scheme, you will first have to create your SSO ID. You can make it by visiting https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in/signin.
- To register yourself in the scheme, click on online registration and login with your SSO ID.
- You will see two options here. The first is Free, and the second is Paid. You can choose one of the two options as per your specified category.
- Within the free category, farmers (small and marginal) of the state on SMF, contract workers on their type Contractual and needy and helpless families who have received Covid-19 ex-gratia payment by the state government, click on Covid 19 ex-Gratia.
- After this, you search by entering your Jan Aadhar number or Jan Aadhar registration receipt number in the software.
- You will see the names of all the family members in the software, out of which anyone member will have to sign digitally (e-sign) for which OTP will come on the mobile number entered in the Aadhar card. This OTP has to be submitted in the software and e-signed. After that, you have to enter your details as per the category. After this, you will be able to print the policy document.
- On submitting the Paid category family application, the software will take you to the online payment medium, where you will have to pay the prescribed premium amount of Rs.850. After the payment, the print of the policy document can be taken.